Amusement Journal, a popular magazine dealing with gaming industry, has recently updated on its website the charts relating to the popularity of games in Japanese arcades, from a two-months off (the last charts were from August).
Games have been split into two categories: conventional cabinets, with a classical external structure, and large cabinets, recognizable by their big presence and peripheral devices.
1. Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion (=)
2. Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. (NEW)
3. Blazblue Continuum Shift (=)
4. Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (+)
5. Street Fighter IV (-1)
As usual, fighting games have a clear domination in Japanese arcades; the situation has been pretty stable throughout this year and in November just the new Gundam episode entered the chart (pushing out Mobile Suit Gundam vs. Gundam NEXT).
1. Border Break (+2)
2. Mahjong Fight Club: Reincarnation Garyu (=)
3. Sangokushi Taisen 3: War Begins (-2)
4. Mobile Suit Gundam: Bonds of the Battlefield (Ver B.) (=)
5. Taiko no Tatsujin 14 (NEW)
In this case, tastes are more mixed: the famous Namco rhythm game has entered the chart at number 5 with its latest entry, than robots and samurai share positions with a new number one to make the formers win: the action game Border Break, developed by SEGA, focused on mech battle through network connectivity between cabinets.